Just took some inspiration from the fall shades that we’re currently surrounded by, a lesson in rich earth tones and luminous finishes. The lips were a bit of an experiment, since I don’t usually choose browns with such a red base. It was a nice departure from the more neutral lip, that added an element of drama without being too overwhelming. I think I may have to dig through my lipsticks and glosses to see if I can find some complementary pairs – because I think I will be rocking this lip more frequently into the winter.
Interestingly enough, this is the type of look that I think you can take the match the eyes with a neutral lip or use the lip with a neutral eye and still channel some autumn flavour.
And of course, I’d be remiss not to mention that it was also great fun to play in some of my favourite pigments that I haven’t used in a while.
- Phillips Milk of Magnesia / Original
- MAC Pro Longwear Concealer / NW 30
- Revlon Colorstay Makeup / Toast
- Cover FX Setting FX Translucent Setting Powder
- NARS Bronzer / Casino
- MAC Powder Blush / Raizin
- MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer / NC 30
- MAC Eye Shadow / Suspicion
- Maybelline Great Lash Mascara / Clear
- Urban Decay Primer Potion / Original
- NYX Jumbo Pencil / Milk
- MAC Pigment / Blonde’s Gold (inner corner), Golden Olive (lid – inner half), Vintage Gold (lid – outer half), Copperbeam (crease), Chocolate Brown (outer v)
- MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural / Medium Dark (brow bone, transition)
- Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner / True Black
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Pencil / Perversion (water line)
- MAC Haute & Naughty Mascara / Too Black
- Clinique Lash Power Mascara / Black Onyx
- MAC Lash / 36
- MAC Cremestick Pearl Liner / Deep Soul
- MAC Lustre Lipstick / Sheer Plum
Do you have a favourite look for fall?