I have fallen entirely in love with the Odyssey eye quartet mineral palette from Clarins. It’s actually the very first product I’ve ever bought and it’s made a heck of an impression. A good indicator of how much I like a product is how much I use it, and as an eye shadow junkie it takes a lot to shift me from my usual routines. This palette has been in relatively heavy rotation, whether I’m showcasing the gorgeous gold or omitting it for a more subtle look.
Earlier this week I had an event out of town and in the spirit of putting our best face forward I obviously reached for the Odyssey palette. Anything with a golden base is an easy option and the depth of this particular gold was perfect. It definitely had sparkle, but it wasn’t weighed down with glitter. I decided to strike a balance between finishes by pairing this with a matte rosy lip.. which just happened to coordinate with my new silk scarf. As much as I love a bold, bright pink lip.. this more subdued version is a winter staple.
- Phillips Milk of Magnesia / Original
- MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer / NW30
- L’Oreal True Match Makeup Lotion / Perfect Beige
- Cover FX Setting FX Translucent Setting Powder
- MAC Studio Fix / NC42
- NARS Bronzer / Casino
- MAC Powder Blush / Pink Tea
- Urban Decay Eye Shadow / Backdoor
- Maybelline Great Lash Mascara / Clear
- Urban Decay Primer Potion / Original
- MAC Paint Pot / Cash Flow
- Clarins ‘Odyssey’ Eye Quartet Mineral Palette / beige (inner corner & brow bone), brown (deep crease), gold (lid), taupe-bronze (crease)
- MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural / Medium Dark (transition)
- Urban Decay Eye Shadow / Backdoor (outer v), Blackout (outer v)
- Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner / True Black
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Pencil / Baked (inner water line & lower lash line), Perversion (outer water line)
- MAC Haute & Naughty Lash Mascara / Too Black
- Clinique Lash Power Mascara / Black Onyx (lower lashes)
- Ardell Lashes / Demi Wispies
- MAC Lip Pencil / Just Wonderful
- Tarte LipSurgence Natural Matte Lip Tint / Hope
What’s your favourite palette of the moment?